Abstract distraction

Well, I learned something new with this last project: creating an abstract piece is a thousand times harder than following a realistic pattern.

I wanted to follow-up my lead came class with an actual project, completed on my own. As ever, I have bins of scrap glass, so I decided to create a piece where I could accomplish two goals: 1) use the lead came method; and 2) use up scrap glass!

It sounded rather easy...sort of like putting a puzzle together. The truth is, it was incredibly hard. Balancing colors and pieces of glass into a unified design almost drove me crazy. At first, I thought I could piece things together without a pattern, but that process was a giant failure. So, I forced myself to draw a pattern that I could revise, revise, and revise again.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, despite all of my whining...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go Big

Our Old Girl

Presents for Pretty Girls